Located in the southernmost part of Texas with quick access to the Gulf of Mexico & the US Interstate highway system, the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport serves as a strategic port of entry. The airport is also a familiar beacon to the US for all international and domestic air carriers, as well to corporate and general aviation operators flying through the world’s airspace system.
At BRO, we have two runways capable of serving 95% of the existing commercial fleet and 100% of the corporate and general aviation fleet. The airport is equipped with three types of instrument approaches that allow to safely conduct air operations even in adverse weather conditions, a Federal Inspection Station open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and two fixed base operators on the field.
Many of the local attractions are just a short drive from the airport. To mention a few:
- South Padre Island is only 25 miles away, a free shuttle service is offered to and from the island. For operation hours and routes click here.
- The Gateway International Bridge is 5.5 miles away, offering business travelers quick access to the City of Matamoros and the multinational industry located within Mexico.
- The world famous Gladys Porter Zoo is 5.4 miles away. It spreads out over 31 acres, offering visitors a unique experience for adults and children alike.
- The Palo Alto Battlefield National Historical Park is 10 miles away. Visitors can hike or bike the trails that run through this historic site.
- The World Birding Center at Resaca de la Palma State Park is 13 miles away. Four observation decks and over 8 miles of trails curve through 1,200 acres of natural habitat for many species, local and seasonal, certainly creating a bird enthusiast heaven.
For more information visit Attractions.
Business opportunities with the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport are available in various forms:
- Advertising throughout the passenger terminal.
- Industrial air park buildings for lease.
- A dedicated Air Cargo building available for lease, soon to be expanded with the addition of a new structure in mid-2017.
- A Foreign Trade Zone.
- Airport owned land for farming or industrial development.
For more information on business opportunities visit Advertise.