U.S. Customs and Border Protection (US CBP)
As an approved port of entry, the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport has a Federal Inspection Station, manned by US Customs and Border Protection, for clearing arriving and departing aircraft.
There are processes and procedures that you need to follow when arriving to and departing from the United States. For advance notification to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, you may call (956) 542-8296 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to midnight (00:00). If you are calling afterhours you may call (956) 983-5704.
Private aircraft pilots must adhere to specific requirements when arriving and departing the United States.
- Advance Passenger Information System (APIS)
- Airports with CBP Inspection Services
- Private Air APIS Providers
- CBP Private Air APIS Guide
Preclearance for General Aviation
- CBP Preclearance of General Aviation Summary Guide
- S. Airports of Arrival for Precleared Private Aircraft
The Decal/Transponder Online Procurement System (DTOPS) is an easy way for private aircraft to purchase their annual user fee online. For additional information, visit the DTOPS website.