Grand Unveiling Ceremony
Registration Instructions & Terms of Contest
Due to the coronavirus, the number of people who will be able to attend the live event to the Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport Grand Unveiling Ceremony live event will be limited, and safety guidelines will be implemented. To give Brownsville Area citizens the opportunity to see the Grand Unveiling Ceremony event in person, the following program has been created.
- Outdoor theatre-style parking will accommodate up to 200 cars.
- Up to 160 individuals to attend in person must reside in Brownsville, Olmito, Los Fresnos, Laguna Vista, Laguna Heights, Port Isabel, or South Padre Island. Up to 40 individuals will be selected from outside the cities listed above.
- To register to attend the live event, you must be at least 18 years of age and provide a valid Texas driver’s license or state-issued I.D.
- The individuals chosen to see the event live, will be selected at random and notified by telephone and/or email.
- The individuals selected will have three days from the date emails and/or telephone notifications first occur to pick up their event credentials at the Brownsville South Padre Airport Business offices, 700 Amelia Earhart Drive, Brownsville, Texas 78521 during business offices hours.
- Failure to pick up registration credentials within the indicated time automatically disqualifies that individual from being able to attend the live event.
- Each selected individual will receive a valid vehicle parking pass and a vehicle ticket to enter the event area.
- The parking pass allows one vehicle to enter. The ticket to the event will be collected as you enter the event. Guests of the selected individuals are allowed in the vehicle and are restricted to one individual per seat belt. Also, guests must use seatbelts. Buses, large vans, and recreational vehicles will not be allowed to enter.
- Only one pass per family allowed.
- By entering this contest, you hereby agree to the terms of the contest and in the event of a dispute arising out of this entry, you agree to abide by the judge’s decision. Judge’s decisions are final.
- Lost or misdirected registration forms or entries are not the responsibility of Brownsville South Padre International Airport, the City of Brownsville, Sponsors, producers, coordinators, and or persons associated with the event in any capacity.
- Lost vehicle parking passes and entry tickets are the sole responsibility of the selected individuals and entry will be denied without the proper credentials.
- Port-o-Potties restrooms will be made available for guests. Social distancing rules will be strictly enforced.
- All persons in a vehicle must be wearing masks when entering the event area. This excludes children under 2 years of age.
- Exiting of your vehicle will be allowed only with a mask, and social distancing will be observed at all times during the event. Individuals who do not abide by these safety protocols will be returned to their automobiles and escorted from the property.
- Online registration will be open from December 1 beginning at 12 am through December 6, 2020, at 5:00 pm CST at www.flybrownsville.com.
If you are not able to attend in person, the Grand Opening celebration will be streamed live at www.flybrownsville.com and you can enjoy the celebration from the comfort of your home.